Sunday, October 4, 2009

Golf Tips for the Driving Range

Golf tip of the day

When I go to the driving range I see more Happy Gilmore's (for those that seen the movie you will understand) than I do actual golfer's. They practice more on there golf swing, instead of there actual golf game. Now don't get me wrong, your golf swing is important, but it shouldn't be the only thing you practice.

When at the driving range one of the best golf tips I could give you is that it is not always important to hit that 300 yard drive. Sometimes it would be more advantageous to pull out the 9 iron or the pitching wedge. Work on the short game some to get the most out of your driving range experience.

What I like to do is to pick a few short distance flags and get as close to these flags as I can. If I don't feel like going to the driving range, I'll grab a couple of golf balls and landscaper flags or even 5 gallon buckets, and hit to them. The key is don't just hit all the golf balls in bucket. Make sure each and every golf ball has a certain destination. Act as if your on the golf course

If your needing more help on your short game, one of the best books I have read is called the Ultimate Short Game System. Click on the link to the left that says every golfer needs these.

No comments:

Post a Comment